Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's an obsession

So I've been told I'm crazy and out of control, but frankly I don't mind. I have an addiction and I'm not willing to get help anytime soon. I'm addicted to Christmas trees. I have at least one in every room. After a discussion about this at lunch the other day, I decided it was time to dedicate an entire post to the trees in my house. I really enjoyed taking pictures of them :)

Here is Noah's tree. It's up high and completely unreachable for little 18 month old hands...

And then we have Noah's bathroom tree. It may not be the prettiest tree, but it has the most meaning for me. This was my grandma's tree. She passed away in '99. Last year, Grandpa gave this to me and I will forever put it up in my house.

In the computer room, Lance gets his own tree. He complains every year that it is so small, so I had to promise to go out after Christmas this year looking for a good 1/2 off deal on a new one. What is Lance's decoration of choice? Star Wars, of course.

Then, in our bathroom, we have a tropical motif going on. What better way to add the Christmas spirit to that than with a gold tree and Santa on a surfboard. Oh, and the hula snowlady. She's a must.


Our bedroom has the hodge podge tree. You know all of those ornaments that are given to you for special events or ones people make for you? This is where they end up in our house. We've got Sweethearts 2003, Just Married 2004, New home 2006, Parents to be 2006, Baby's First Christmas 2007 and about 20 different framed pictures of our child. Imagine how crowded this tree will be when we have another one (way off in the future for those of you wondering.) Oh, and I thought I got a picture of the full tree, but apparently I didn't. You'll just have to imagine it with all of these awesome ornaments on it! :)

And then we have our main tree in the living room. Isn't it fabulous?

Just kidding! That's the tree at the Gaylord!
Here is our tree. If you've been to my house, you've seen my kitchen and all of its Coca-Cola glory. I won't drink the stuff, but it sure makes for some cute decor. Anyway, this tree is my favorite because of the great Coca-Cola Santas and ornaments out there!

So there it is. My tree obsession. I think I need a bigger house.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Cute trees!

Megan said...

That's so fun! I'm jealous!

Sarah said...

BUMMER! I wish I had read this post earlier! I have a Christmas tree obsession as well. We should have visited each other's houses. Ho hum. Yours were sooooo fun to look at!