I've been feeling extra sentimental lately. Just this morning, Noah toddled past me in the hall and I got all overwhelmed with how much I love him. My mother-in-law summed it all up last night when she said, "Can you remember what life was like before him?"
I love him and here a few reasons why:
1. I love when I pick him up out of bed in the morning or after a nap, he lays his head on my shoulder and pats me on the back.
2. I love to watch him pull all of his books off the bookshelf to find the book he wants to read. I love it when he sits down and "reads" the book to himself. His expressions are priceless.
3. Even though it drives me crazy sometimes, I love it when he gets that sneaky look on his face and does something he knows he's not supposed to do (climb on the fireplace, throw food on the floor, etc.)
4. I love that when the front door opens, the dryer buzzes or anything makes a loud noise. He comes running to my side and says, "OH!" He knows that I will protect him from anything!
5. I love when he takes off my shoes and tries to put them on his feet.
6. I love it when he first wakes up and I can hear him talking and playing in his crib. He has full conversations with himself!
7. I love when he gets to giggling and can't stop. The pure joy on his face is priceless.
8. I love that when he sees his Daddy lying on the floor, it is an open invitation to jump on top of him. Lance doesn't need to watch WWE anymore when he has it going on right in his own living room!
9. I love his obsession with belly buttons. We often see him walking around, shirt up, inspecting his own. It is extra hilarious when he finds ours and won't leave them alone.
And finally:
10. I love that he is the perfect mix of Lance and I. He has my eyes and Lance's mouth. He has my dimples and Lance's hair. He has my stubborness and Lance's pickiness.
I never knew I could love another person like this! God is so amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sounds like a list I could have written 29 years ago. Except the belly button part - that must have come from Lance's genes... HAHA
Ahhh. You're bringing tears to my eyes! Isn't motherhood wonderful?!?
I love that my dad thinks I'm only 30. :)
30 - 31, I was close - remember I AM old
Post a Comment